- Two prizes will be awarded at the end the term:
- The New Jersey Traveling Visitation trophy will be awarded to the Chapter with the most cumulative points.
- The winning chapter will be received as honored guests at every meeting at Convention in June. This will be a reception complete with walk in music, full introduction of the Chapter’s officers, and the opportunity for the Master Councilor to sit in the East with the State Council.
- The winning chapter will also receive custom chapter hats at convention.
- A chapter earns one point for each regularly scheduled stated meeting of their home chapter during which they are in possession of the Traveling Submarine. (for example, Capital Chapter meets 1st and 3rd Sundays)This includes the meeting during which possession of the Gavel is lost.
- In order to receive the Traveling Submarine, a chapter must visit the chapter currently in possession of the Gavel on their regularly scheduled meeting night with at least 2 members and 1 advisor.
- If more than one visiting chapter is present at the chapter currently in possession of the Traveling Submarine on a regularly scheduled meeting night, the visiting chapter that brought the most members receives the Submarine. In the event of a tie, the chapter that traveled the greatest distance (in miles) will receive the Submarine.
- If, for any reason, a chapter is unable to meet for an extended period of time, the Traveling Submarine will be retrieved by the State Council and awarded at the next free state event to the chapter with the most members present. In the event of a tie, the chapter that traveled the greatest distance (in miles) will receive the Submarine.
- Miles are as determined from chapter to chapter by Google Maps.
- Elected and Appointed State Officers do not count towards the number of visiting chapter members.
- In the event of an update to contest rules, appropriate communication will be made to all chapters
- An Elected State Officer or member of the State Staff will be at all meeting of the chapter in possession of the Submarine to ensure fairness
NOTE: It is common courtesy (one of our seven virtues) to notify any chapter before visiting to ensure that the proper dress code is followed. Visiting chapters should plan to arrive on time and stay throughout the entire meeting of the chapter visited.
Reminder: This program ends on May 31.